Years ago, before I turned vegan, I made some very yummy brownies for work, which had they not have contained dairy milk chocolate, would have been SFV. I was reminded of my recipe when I was flicking through a free copy of LABL magazine. Inspired by this article, I routed out my recipe and simply swapped the chocolate for a dairy free version.
The best part of this recipe is that brownies are super easy to make!
Pecan and chocolate chunk brownies
- 125g x plain flour
- 175g x caster sugar
- 35g x cocoa powder
- 125 ml x sunflower oil
- 125 ml x water
- 35g x Dairy free “milk” chocolate (broken into chunks)
- 5g x chopped pecans
- 1 tsp x baking powder
- 1 tsp x vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Then, simply mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder together, before adding the oil, water and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly until a smooth glossy batter is formed. Then fold in the nuts and chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mix into a lightly greased 7 x 7” baking tin and bake for 20 mins. I turned the tin around after 10 mins to ensure an even bake.
4. Allow to cool before cutting into 8 triangles.
Enjoy with a nice cuppa 🙂