I like to take these bars to work in case I get hungry, especially since the canteen doesn’t cater well for vegans.
They’re super easy to make as well, simply throw all of the ingredients into a food processor and when coarsely ground spread into a tin lined with cling film before chilling in the fridge overnight. Simple!
Chocolate, coconut and raspberry nutty date bars:
- 1 x 32 g raspberry liquorice bar (completely optional – I had a Panda bar that needed using up)
- ½ x cup cashews
- 1 x cup almonds
- 200g pack of dates (pitted and roughly chopped)
- ½ x cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ x cup desiccated coconut
- 3 x tbsp drinking chocolate (I used Cadbury’s – make sure it’s not the instant version)
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and whizz until all ingredients are coarsely ground. The mixture should bind together when pinched.
- Spoon into a container (e.g. a baking tin), lined with cling film and using the back of the spoon, press down.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Turn upside down onto a chopping board and peel off the cling film. Cut into bars and wrap individually in tinfoil. Store in the fridge.
In the not too distant future I’ll be in France, staying in the arse-end of nowhere for three nights with work. Call me paranoid but I don’t want to go hungry, so I’ll be popping a few of these babies into my suitcase!