A very easy recipe today – Date and nut crumble. A perfect snack to pop into your lunchbox.
The trickiest bit is finding two identical baking tins. And maybe pitting all the dates, that’s always a boring task…
- ½ x cup almonds
- ½ x cup cashews
- ¼ x cup raisins or sultanas
- ¾ x cup pitted dates
- ½ x tbsp cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a coarse paste is formed. To check if blended enough, squeeze a bit of the mixture between your finger and thumb. The mixture should bind together.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased baking tin (I used a round one with a 9 inch diameter) and press down.
- Lightly grease the underneath of an identical baking tin and press down hard on the top of your crumble. Add a weight to the top of the baking tin (I used a large jar of golden syrup) and leave in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, but preferably overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and take off the top baking tin.
- Turn upside down onto a chopping board and gently tap the bottom baking tin until the crumble drops out.
- Slice up and enjoy!