An easy one today, and perfect for a Sunday afternoon treat. vegan chewy, vanilla, chocolate chip cookies.
The following recipe creates 24, although be prepared for the odd breakage!
Chewy vanilla, chocolate chip cookies:
- 340 x g plain flour
- 8 x g baking powder
- 250 x g vegan margarine
- 250 x g sugar
- 65 x g cornflakes
- 10 x g vegan chocolate chips (I used Plamil)
- 3 x mls vanilla extract (its worth forking out for the nice stuff!)
- Mix everything together in a large bowl with a large spoon (yes, that’s right, EVERYTHING!)
- Stir and stir and stir until you get a sticky dough.
- Roll the dough into a log shape and slice into 24 equal parts. Roll each part, by hand, into a ball and press into a flat cookie shape before placing onto a baking tray (tray must either be WELL greased or lined with parchment.)
- Leave a generous amount of space between each cookie as they do expand (see pictures below!). This might mean you need several baking trays. Bake for 10 mins at 180oC (Although I would recommend taking a couple of sneaky peaks in case they start to burn)
5. Allow to cool slightly before transferring onto a wire cooling rack. The cookies will still be very soft whilst they are hot, but they will firm up after a few minutes so don’t panic!
6. Don’t allow them to cool completely whilst on the baking trays, or you’ll have a job getting them off.
Enjoy with a lovely hot cuppa. Preferably whilst watching telly, snuggled under a duvet on the sofa. ♥ Bliss ♥