Creamy smooth, mildly cheezy with a slightly acidic twang – Creme Cheeze is super versatile! Spread it on a bagel, stir it into hot pasta or pipe it into a cherry pepper. Just make sure you make it in advance as it will need to firm up in the fridge overnight.
- 75 g of vegetable shortening
- ½ x block firm silken tofu (drained and cut into smaller pieces)
- 2 x tbsp. non-dairy yoghurt
- 1 x tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 x tsp salt
- 1 x tbsp. nutritional yeast
- On a low heat, completely melt the vegetable shortening in a small saucepan (but don’t allow to get too hot).
- Take the pan off the hob and carefully add the tofu and mash into the shortening with a fork. It will sizzle but this is fine – the heat will help to take away some of the beany taste.
- Add the other ingredients and stir together.
- Whizz together using a hand blender until smooth.
- Pour into a container, cover and chill overnight.