I’ve not posted an entry in ages! Been super busy over Christmas and I’ve been zonked out with a flu bug the last few days.
I’m currently sat shivering on the sofa in a million layers, enjoying a “fruity hot toddy” so I thought I would share the recipe in case anyone else is feeling under the weather.
Fruity hot toddy
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 x cup lemonade
- 1 x tbsp. whiskey (I used Famous Grouse)
- 1/8th x tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 x tsp syrup (I used a fruit syrup, agave or maple would also work. – optional)
- Mix the lemonade, syrup and cayenne in a small saucepan and heat until hot (tip: it’s hard to measure out such a small amount of cayenne so I recommend not doing it over the lemonade, just in case!)
- Bring off the hob and stir in the orange juice, lemon juice and whiskey.
- Pour into a glass or mug and enjoy.