It was mine and the hubby’s 1 year wedding anniversary the other weekend and we went to Dundee to celebrate.
The hotel did a fabulous job of catering for me, however I couldn’t help but feeling a little sad that I couldn’t have the tatty scones with my breakfast as they’re normally made with butter.
Sooooo, I whipped up a batch of vegan friendly ones once I got back home. And it would be rude of me not to share the tastiness!
(For those of you who are unfamiliar with the tattie scone, they are a Scottish delicacy and very delicious)
Tattie scone recipe (makes 8 triangles):
- 300 g x potatoes (the more floury the variety the better)
- 25 g x vegan friendly marg plus extra for frying (I used vitalite)
- 75 g x white flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes in the skins until soft all the way through.
- Drain and leave until cool enough to handle. Peel the skins.
- Mash in a bowl with the marg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When smooth stir in the flour until a dough is formed (you might need to use your hands towards the end).
- Roll the dough out until about half a centimeter thick. If you’re cooking to impress you can neaten things up by placing a plate on top of the dough and cutting around the perimeter.
- Add some marg to a frying pan and when melted and bubbling carefully add the raw tattie scone.
- Fry both sides until golden brown.
- Cut into triangles and serve with lots more marg, as a side, as part of a fried brekkie or even with jam if you fancy it.
Easy peasey and ridiculously delish!
Pingback: 60. Coconut and green veg soup | ♥ Flash-Gordonette ♥