Everyone seems to be making cauliflower pizza bases at the moment but a lot of the recipes out there include egg. This is my version, easy and sans animal products!
Cauli and broccoli pizza base:
- Handful frozen cauliflower florets,
- Handful frozen broccoli florets,
- 1/3 cup cornmeal,
- 1/3 cup ground almonds,
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whizz up the broccoli and cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles a strange green and white rice.
- Stir in the dry ingredients. This should form “breadcrumbs”.
- Using your hands, squish the mixture together into a dough. Again using your hands, squish into a flat circular shape and place onto a piece grease proof paper on a baking tray (foil also works – grease it first).
- Pop into an oven at 180oC for 5 – 8 minutes
(until edges start to turn golden brown).
- Flip using a fish slice and add toppings. (I used mushroom, tomato and vegan pesto). Be careful, the base is much more brittle than a traditional bread base.
- Put back into the oven until the toppings are cooked.
I served mine with homemade coleslaw (made with vinaigrette rather than mayo), kale chips and roasted sprouts – just to be festive. Lovely!