Mmm, I love these syrupy, coconutty, biscuitty discs of delightfulness <3
The hubby does too – I’ve had to make these 3 times this week!
My original inspiration for this recipe was off the BBC Good Food recipe. But they were pretty easy to veganise.
And if you can live without harming others, why wouldn’t you?
- 85g porridge oats
- 85g desiccated coconut
- 100g plain flour
- 100g sugar
- 110g vegan marge (plus a little extra for greasing your baking trays)
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oC.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, coconut, flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a small pan, melt the marge before stirring in the syrup until completely mixed. Stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the marge mixture whilst stirring. Keep on stirring until all of the marge has been absorbed.
- The mixture will seem a little dry but that’s ok. You should be able to roll heaped-teaspoon amounts into balls.
- Place each ball onto a greased baking tray and squish down into a thick disc shape (around ¼ inch high). The key is to squash as flat as you can without causing the edges to over crack – you want to maintain a round shape.
- Remember to leave room in between each biscuit to allow for spreading.
- Put into the oven for 12 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, squish each biscuit with the back of a spatula to flatten them down.
- Keep an eye on the biscuits in case they cook faster than the 12 minutes. You can tell when they are done because they will be a beautiful golden brown and won’t squash any flatter when you press them with the spatula.